In case you have been lucky to use a jailbroken iOS 6 device, it is very likely that you still remember the Zephyr tweak. It was one of the best and the must-have tweaks of those times and it allowed users to jump to the home screen or switch between apps with just one swipe of the finger. Unfortunately, the tweak was never updated further and left its fans asking for more. But a new tweak in Cydia aims to bring Zephyr back to life.
Image : Tage Jailbreak Tweak
The new Tage tweak is just like the Zephyr tweak and enables users to switch to the home screen or switch between apps with just simple swipe gestures. The tweak has been updated for iOS 9 now, so let’s do a quick recap of its features.
- With the Tage tweak, you can swipe up on the screen to jump to the home screen directly.
- To switch between the currently running apps, you just need to swipe to the center of the screen from the left or right to access the next or the previous running app.
- You can also go to the App Switcher from any app just by swiping up and holding on the screen.
- The Tage tweak has also got some hidden actions. When in the App Switcher screen, the user can simply pull down the preview card of an app to bring up options like quite all other apps, quit background apps, and quit all apps.
- There’s a power menu too that comes up by pulling down the home screen card in the App Switcher. This menu has options like lock, respring, safe mode, reboot, and power off.
- Tage has been updated to 1.2 beta 1 and it is now compatible with iOS 9.
The features list of Tage alone is enough to explain how great the tweak is and that it is much more than an App Switcher replacement. Thankfully, iOS 9 users can get this tweak now, though the tweak is still in its beta stage for iOS 9 and might be a big buggy. The beta version is free for users to try out, so in case you are interested in this tweak, follow the below-given steps to get it on your jailbroken iOS 9 device.
- Go to Cydia > Sources > Edit > Add.
- Type in this repo URL in the source box: http://apt.clezz.com.
- Tap on the Add Source option.
The Tage beta repo will now be added to your Cydia sources. You can now go to the Changes tab and select the Tage beta package to finally install it.