Luca Todesco has provided iOS users with an early Christmas gift in the form of a jailbreak. He has called it Yalu Jailbreak and this is one of the very rare times that he has shared jailbreak exploits for public use, preferring to keep them for his own personal use. He has told us that this may be the only jailbreak we will see for a while but, before you head to the steps to download it, there are a few caveats to the jailbreak you need to know .
Image : Yalu Jailbreak Update
Before you Jailbreak :
- Yalu is a beta jailbreak and this means, as betas often are, it is going to be somewhat unstable and buggy. Luca Todesco advises waiting until it has been stabilized before you download it, leaving it to developers to look at first
- You can’t install Yalu jailbreak the simple way that we are used to installing jailbreaks. Instead, you must download Cydia Impactor first and side load the jailbreak onto your device. You will also need an Apple ID to do this
- Last, be aware that this is a semi untethered jailbreak, something we are getting used to , untethered jailbreaks seem to be hard to come by these days.
How to Downloads and Install Yalu Jailbreak :
- Download Yalu Jailbreak [ .ipa file ] onto your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your computer
- Back up the date on your iOS device through iTunes and | or iCloud
- Connect your iOS device to your computer
- Open Cydia Impactor
- Find the .ipa file and then drag and drop it into Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple ID when asked to
- Cydia Impactor will begin the process of side loading Yalu onto your device
- When it has finished, disconnect your device and go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management on your device.
- Locate the app that was side loaded and tap on Trust beside it
- On your home screen, tap the icon that says mach_portal and wait for your device to respring.
- You should now have Cydia on your home screen and the jailbreak has been successful
There are two things to note here :
- If you are using a free Apple account, the certificate will expire every 7 days and you will have to do step 5 onwards each time
- Because it is semi untethered, you will need to do Step 11 every time you reboot your device to reload the jailbreak